Last Updated Wednesday 06 January 2021
Local information for support available during the Covid-19 crisis
To Download the list please click here © Marlow Bridge Rotary Club
The following is a list of useful contacts which may be able to provide help during the present situation. MMDF has collated these directly or from referrals, and the list is presented here for general information only. It is recorded as accurately as possible and will be updated regularly, with the most recent copy available on our website at www.mmdf.co.uk
As the local situation keeps changing, kindly let us know if you note any information that needs updating. Also, please let us know if there are other suitable businesses or organisations that can assist locally and could be added, with particular focus on assistance for those living with dementia.
MMDF cannot endorse any service/organisation but can only signpost information. Individuals should make their own private enquiries to validate and ascertain suitability to their own requirements. It is best to check availability, opening times and any particular restrictions that may apply, particularly now that we are in the new lockdown.
There is a great deal of effort be made by so many to keep Marlow going through the C-19 Crisis – really well done to all involved!
Overall support and information
Age UK – 01296 431911 www.ageuk.org
Two services on the same number: Phone a Friend and Age UK Befriending Service
Alzheimer’s Society Overall – contact 0333 150 3456 www.alzheimers.org.uk
- For some very useful information regarding C-19 and supporting people at home see alzheimers.org.uk/get-support/coronavirus/about-coronavirus
- Online support also includes Talking Point, an online community where you can connect with others in a similar situation
- Memory Support Services for anyone with memory concerns, those with dementia and carers: 01296 331749 email@example.com
- Dementia Connect, Alzheimer’s Society’s personalised support service. Free, easy to access, with the right support, from local help, to phone and online advice.
- Online Support available round the clock at alzheimers.org.uk/dementiaconnect.
- Their Dementia Advisers are available on the phone to give you the support you need – call 0333 150 3456. You will be offered regular calls so they can keep in touch, to find out how you are and offer support and advice when things change.
Support line opening hours:
Monday – Wednesday 9:00am – 8:00pm
Thursday – Friday: 9:00am – 5:00pm
Saturday – Sunday: 10:00am – 4:00pm
Alzheimer’s Society Locally – contact 01296 331749
- The Memory Support Service team is available for anyone living in Bucks, or who is registered at a GP practice in Bucks, who is worried about their memory or affected by dementia. The service is commissioned by Bucks County Council and Bucks CCG and is delivered by Alzheimer’s Society. It is a single point of access for dementia/memory information, support and guidance delivered by experienced, trained Alzheimer’s Society Memory Support Advisors. Practical solutions, tips and strategies as well as signposting to legal and financial support can be provided. The service is unique to each service user as it is based upon their personal circumstances and information and support needs. Support and guidance are delivered by phone and online. If a face to face visit is required, (where it is impossible to deliver support remotely), the Alzheimer’s Society Pandemic Service Response guidance is followed and in-depth risk assessments conducted.
- For anyone who is concerned about their memory the Alzheimer’s Society now delivers Memory Screening assessment appointments by Zoom for people who are able to access IT. The results of the assessment are submitted to the GP and a decision is then made regarding referral to the Memory Clinic.
- They also deliver Memory Information sessions for anyone who has concerns about their memory. The next dates planned for virtual zoom sessions are 19th January and 16th March 10.00-12.00. These sessions are designed to help people understand how their memory works and what coping tips and strategies can be used to improve everyday living.
- The Dementia Information & Support sessions for people with a diagnosis of dementia now take place virtually by Zoom. The next available sessions are planned for 30th March for 5 mornings on consecutive weeks. These sessions help people understand more about the condition and offer practical tips to help with everyday issues and planning for the future. It is also an opportunity for peer support from others with a diagnosis.For information about any of the services described please contact 01296 331749 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Virtual Singing for the Brain – Alzheimer’s Society deliver virtual Singing for the Brain sessions for people affected by dementia by Zoom for people who can access IT. For more information and to book call Sue 07712 692467.
- Carer Support groups – Carers meet to share what they are going through with others who understand run by a facilitator. There is the option to ask questions, get information and share experiences in a safe and supportive environment. Call Angela 07483 122466 for dates and times.
Dementia UK – Admiral Nurse Dementia Helpline
- With the country in lockdown, it is understandable that many carers and people living with dementia are feeling anxious and frightened.
- The Admiral Nurse Dementia Helpline is for anyone with a question or concern about dementia. Includes providing critical emotional and practical support to carers affected by coronavirus. Free calls 0800 888 6678, or email email@example.com. Phone lines open 9am-9pm, Monday-Friday and 9am-5pm at weekends.
MMDF – www.mmdf.co.uk For a friendly phone call to check on well-being, arrange some practical support in the current climate, signposting to services/support available locally. For individuals living with dementia, their families and carers. Please call our contacts at Oxford Aunts Care – 01865 986244 who are handling the initial calls to MMDF. Please do mention MMDF if you call them and we can track usage.
Marlow Library – The library in Institute Road has been refurbished and with support from MMDF now includes an area focused on Dementia. Overall, the library holds a wealth of information and leaflets including many from the Alzheimer’s Association, and local groups. Normal opening hours Monday to Saturday 10am to 4pm. Call 01296 382415 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
There is also a free on-line service including newspapers, books & magazines www.buckinghamshire.gov.uk/libraries/search-library-item.
M4D Radio – A group of 5 themed radio stations available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year playing music that evokes memories. Choose your era, listen and enjoy www.m4dradio.com
Help with practicalities
Buckinghamshire Social Services – 01296 383204
- Emergency number for extremely vulnerable people during the Coronavirus crisis
Buckinghamshire Council – finding help and local support
Marlow Town Council – www.marlow-tc.gov.uk
- All the latest local information on Coronavirus from the town’s council – you can offer and seek help in the community
- A wide range of local groups for individual roads and small communities were set up for the first lockdown and have come back to varying degrees for subsequent lockdowns. They are mainly on Facebook and WhatsApp, plus it would also be worth checking for local groups on nextdoor.co.uk.
- Most developed group: Marlow C-19 Support (Facebook – 3400+ members) local information and extensive list of volunteers. The group has been updated for the second lockdown facebook.com/groups/165602207764598/about.
Marlow Medical Group – www.marlowdoctors.co.uk/coronavirus-covid-19-updates
- Information on social distancing, shielding, government advice and services, ordering medication, help for extremely vulnerable patients and other useful links and guidance
Prescriptions – It is possible to go online to Boots – see www.boots.com/pharmacy to arrange your repeat prescriptions for collection or delivery.
Citizens Advice Bureau (Aylesbury) – 03444 111 444
Age UK – Welfare benefits – 01296 431 911
Care in the home and care homes
Covid-19 Care Support Helpline – We have a helpline set-up for anyone looking at care options during this worrying time. This helpline has been set up by Oxford Aunts Care due to their expertise in the field and also very active participants in MMDF www.oxfordaunts.co.uk
- If you need help and advice, please call Oxford Aunts Care – 01865 986244
- Please do mention MMDF if you call them and we can track usage
Live-in care – a carer lives in the client’s home and can self-isolate with their client, they are trained to reduce risks if collecting shopping, medication etc. Live-in care with their client is a good option at this worrying time.
Ashridge Homecare – 01494 917 344 – www.ashridgehomecare.co.uk
Oxford Aunts Care – 01865 791017 – oxfordaunts.co.uk
Domiciliary care – Hourly drop-in, domiciliary care givers are trained to reduce the risk of cross-contamination whilst they visit clients
Home Instead – 01494 411 268 / www.homeinstead.co.uk/buckinghamshire-south
Radfield Care – 01494 614516 / email@example.com
Care Homes – For details and information on local care homes www.carehome.co.uk. As a community project MMDF has been developing links with the homes in the town. Care Homes are under strict lockdown at present but some are offering respite or temporary residential care during this time, although please check with them for availability and terms.
- Cliveden Manor – residential, nursing and dementia care
- Meadowside – residential care home meadowsidecarehome.co.uk
- Sir Aubrey Ward House – residential and dementia care fremantletrust.org/sir-aubrey-ward-house
- White Lodge – residential and dementia care whitelodgecare.com
Support for Carers – Carers Bucks – 0300 777 2722 an independent charity originally commissioned by Buckinghamshire County Council to support carers throughout Bucks. www.carersbucks.org
Churches locally (see web sites for online services & support)
4U Churches – a team of four churches in the Marlow area providing a wide variety of Anglican worship. www.4u-team.org/digitalchurch
St Peter’s Church – Roman Catholic Church www.st-peters-marlow.org.uk/home/4587650887
Local main supermarket shopping (see web sites for current arrangements)
Marks & Spencer – www.marksandspencer.com/c/help/covid-19
Sainsburys – www.about.sainsburys.co.uk/news/latest-news
Local main supermarket – volunteer shopping
Some sources for local food and drink shopping/delivery
Note: Also see local Facebook and WhatsApp Groups for other options
Butchers Tap www.thebutcherstap.co.uk – Traditional butchers
Carvells, Station Road – 01628 482928 – Local store
Hambleden Stores – 01491 571201 firstname.lastname@example.org
Laceys Farm Shop, Lane End – 01494 881979 www.laceyvegboxes.com/home
Meat, greengrocery, dairy and deli order and collect
Londis, Oak Tree Road – 01628 474730 – Local convenience store and deliveries
Marlow Green, Spittal Street – 07902 994636 www.marlowgreen.co.uk Greengrocers’ shop including organic food, plus make up fruit & veg boxes for delivery
One Stop, Marlow Bottom Road – 01628 487057 – Local convenience store
Satollo Delicatessen – 07848 012582 – email@example.com recently opened – Liston Court, with direct access off Marlow High Street, linked to Satollo Café in the courtyard. Wide range of delicatessen foods, other items, plus freshly cooked food to take away.
Strawberry Grove, High Street – 01628 486636 www.strawberrygrove.co.uk/delivery Wide range of food boxes and ready meals, plus drinks – non-contact delivery
Westside Booker Farm Shop – 01494 530613 wide range of fruit, vegetables, bakery, meat and other farm shop items
Meals and delivery
See such as My Marlow, Marlow Collective Facebook group, plus other Facebook and WhatsApp groups for updates.
Marlow Cook – 01628 617386 www.cookfood.net
- Priority delivery and order and collect of frozen meals locally.
Appetito (national) – hot meals delivered 0808 271 6600
Oakhouse Foods (national) – ready meals 0333 370 2516
Wiltshire Farm Foods (national) – frozen ready meals 0800 077 3100
Various local restaurants have home delivery services such as the following examples:
Côte Brasserie www.coteathome.co.uk
Da Luca Restaurant (Marlow Bottom) www.dalucarestaurant.com
Marlow Bar & Grill www.barandgrill2go.com
Penguin Fish Bar – 01624 477271 – shop open plus deliveries available
Suum Vietnamese Kitchen www.suumkitchen.com
Tiger Garden www.tigergarden.co.ukwww.
To Download or print the list please Click Here
© Marlow Bridge Rotary Club
To find out more, offer your support or just communicate with the MMDF Committee, please kindly pass over your details below and we shall make contact with you.