Last Updated Wednesday 22nd July 2020
Local information for support available during the Covid-19 crisis
The following is a list of useful contacts which may be able to provide help during the present situation. MMDF has collated these directly or from referrals, and the list is presented here for general information only. It is recorded as accurately as possible and will be updated regularly, with the most recent copy available on our website at www.mmdf.co.uk
MMDF cannot endorse any service/organisation but can only signpost information. Individuals should make their own private enquiries to validate and ascertain suitability to their own requirements. It is best to check availability, opening times and any particular restrictions that may apply, particularly as the pace of change increases as the lockdown is eased.
There is a great deal of effort be made by so many to keep Marlow going through the C-19 Crisis – really well done to all involved! Please let us know if there are other suitable businesses or organisations that can assist locally and could be added, with particular focus on assistance for those living with dementia.
Overall support and information
Age UK – 01296 431911 www.ageuk.org
- Two services on the same number: Phone a Friend and Age UK Befriending Service
Alzheimer’s Society – 0333 150 3456 www.alzheimers.org.uk
- There is a lot of very useful information regarding C-19 and supporting people at home. www.alzheimers.org.uk/get-support/coronavirus-covid-19
- Memory Support Services for anyone with memory concerns, those with dementia and carers: 01296 331749 email@example.com
- Virtual Memory Information Session – 10am – 12pm on 28 July or 04 August, access on-line or by telephone – Understanding Memory, Memory Tips and Coping Strategies, Learning what to do to promote good memory and signposting to other services and organisations. Register interest, or for more information email Angela Walsh firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01296 331722
- Virtual Singing for the Brain – for an hour on-line every Monday, 11am, 1:15pm & 3pm, call 07718 168642 or 07712 692467 for more details
MMDF – For a friendly phone call to check on well-being, arrange some practical support in the current climate, signposting to services/support available locally. For individuals living with dementia, their families and carers.
- www.mmdf.co.uk For anyone who needs support in signposting to services available for memory concerns, individuals living with dementia and their carers.
Marlow Library – From Tuesday 21 July, as the library in Institute Road is being refurbished, there is an interim library service from the former Children’s Centre site next to Sandygate School, Sandygate Road, Marlow SL7 3AZ. New and temporary opening hours will be Tuesday – Saturday at 9.30am – 12.30pm. There is also a free on-line service including newspapers, books & magazines www.buckinghamshire.gov.uk/libraries/search-library-item.
M4D Radio – A group of 5 themed radio stations available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year playing music that evokes memories. Choose your era, listen and enjoy www.m4dradio.com
The Library Service is now offering a free on-line service including newspapers, books and magazines buckinghamshire.gov.uk/libraries/search-library-item
Help with practicalities
Buckinghamshire Social Services – 01296 383204
- Emergency number for extremely vulnerable people during the Coronavirus crisis
Buckinghamshire Council – A local support hub for Marlow – a superb addition to the town
- These support hubs are for people who are at greater risk because they have a severe medical condition, and who do not have access to family, friends or local support networks. If eligible, normally notified by GP/NHS inviting registration on the website.
Marlow Town Council – www.marlow-tc.gov.uk
- All the latest local information on Coronavirus from the town’s council – you can offer and seek help in the community
- A wide range of local groups for roads and small communities have been set up, mainly on Facebook and WhatsApp. It would also be worth checking checking on www.nextdoor.co.uk.
- Most developed group: Marlow C-19 Support (Facebook – 3400+ members) local information and extensive list of volunteers. facebook.com/groups/165602207764598/about
Marlow Medical Group – www.marlowdoctors.co.uk/coronavirus-covid-19-updates
- Information on social distancing, shielding, government advice and services, ordering medication, help for extremely vulnerable patients and other useful links and guidance
Prescriptions – It is possible to go online to Boots – see www.boots.com/pharmacy to arrange your repeat prescriptions for collection or delivery.
Citizens Advice Bureau (Aylesbury) – 03444 111 444
Age UK – Welfare benefits – 01296 431 911
Care in the home and care homes
Covid-19 Care Support Helpline – We have a helpline set-up for anyone looking at care options during this worrying time. This helpline has been set up by Oxford Aunts Care due to their expertise in the field and also very active participants in MMDF www.oxfordaunts.co.uk
- If you need help and advice, please call Oxford Aunts Care – 01865 986244
- Please do mention MMDF if you call them and we can track usage
Live-in care – a carer lives in the client’s home and can self-isolate with their client, they are trained to reduce risks if collecting shopping, medication etc. Live-in care with their client is a good option at this worrying time.
Ashridge Homecare – 01494 917 344 – www.ashridgehomecare.co.uk
Oxford Aunts Care – 01865 791017 – oxfordaunts.co.uk
Domiciliary care – Hourly drop-in, domiciliary care givers are trained to reduce the risk of cross-contamination whilst they visit clients
Home Instead – 01494 411 268 / www.homeinstead.co.uk/buckinghamshire-south
Radfield Care – 01494 614516 / email@example.com
Care Homes – For details and information on local care homes www.carehome.co.uk. As a community project MMDF has been developing links with the homes in the town. Care Homes are under strict lockdown at present but some are offering respite or temporary residential care during this time, although please check with them for availability and terms.
- Cliveden Manor – residential, nursing and dementia care
- Meadowside – residential care home meadowsidecarehome.co.uk
- Sir Aubrey Ward House – residential and dementia care fremantletrust.org/sir-aubrey-ward-house
- White Lodge – residential and dementia care whitelodgecare.com
Support for Carers – Carers Bucks – 0300 777 2722 an independent charity originally commissioned by Buckinghamshire County Council to support carers throughout Bucks. www.carersbucks.org
Meals and delivery
As the lockdown has been relaxed, what is available and where has been changing.
See such as My Marlow, Marlow Collective Facebook group, plus other Facebook and WhatsApp groups for updates.
Marlow Cook – 01628 617386 www.cookfood.net
- Priority delivery and order and collect of frozen meals locally.
Appetito (national) – hot meals delivered 0808 271 6600
Oakhouse Foods (national) – ready meals 0333 370 2516
Wiltshire Farm Foods (national) – frozen ready meals 0800 077 3100
Some local restaurants have home delivery services such as the following examples:
Côte Brasserie www.coteathome.co.uk
Butchers Tap www.thebutcherstap.co.uk
Da Luca Restaurant (Marlow Bottom) www.dalucarestaurant.com
Suum Vietnamese Kitchen www.suumkitchen.com
Local main supermarket shopping
- Prioritising vulnerable customers for delivery service and providing a free Asda priority pass for access to new home delivery slots
Marks & Spencer – www.marksandspencer.com/c/help/covid-19
- 8am-9am Monday and Thursday priority for vulnerable and older custome
- M&S Food Boxes – mixed food or fruit or meat or vegetables or vegetarian www.marksandspencer.com/l/gifts/food-boxes
- 8am-9am Monday, Wednesday and Friday reserved for elderly customers. Vulnerable customers prioritised for delivery service 0800 3281700 (over 70 and shopped with Sainsburys before)
Tesco – www.tesco.com/help/covid-19 – for details on store changes and support being given
- 9am-10am Monday, Wednesday and Friday priority and priority delivery slots for vulnerable customers on 0800 917 7359
- 7am – 8am weekdays priority, 25% of online deliveries reserved for elderly/vulnerable
Waitrose (Handy Cross) are now offering “Essential Packages” with same day delivery containing daily basics – call 01494 441
Some sources for local food and drink shopping/delivery
As the lockdown has been relaxed, what is available and where has been changing. See such as My Marlow, Marlow Collective Facebook group, plus other Facebook and WhatsApp groups for updates.
Carvells, Station Road – 01628 482928 may deliver
Organic food – free home delivery on Fridays & Saturdays. Order on-line/call
Hambleden Stores – 01491 571201 firstname.lastname@example.org
Laceys Farm Shop, Lane End – 01494 881879 www.laceyvegboxes.com/home
Meat, greengrocery, dairy and deli order and collect
Londis, Oak Tree Road – 01628 474730 – Local convenience store and deliveries
Marlow Green, Spittal Street – 07902 994363 www.marlowgreen.co.uk Greengrocers’ shop including organic food, plus make up fruit & veg boxes for delivery
One Stop, Marlow Bottom Road – 01628 487057 – Local convenience store
Strawberry Grove, High Street – 01628 486636 www.strawberrygrove.co.uk/delivery Wide range of food boxes and some ready meals, plus drinks delivered
Westside Booker Farm Shop – 01494 530613 wide range of fruit, vegetables, bakery, meat and other farm shop items
To Download or print the list please Click Here